You can find hashtags on more than just Twitter nowadays: Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and Facebook all have jumped onto the hashtag bandwagon, and for good reason. More than just a # symbol, hashtags can create conversations and buzz long before an event starts and help them continue after the last guest has left. Are you using this marketing and social media tool effectively for your organization and its events?
In this presentation Tiffany Broadbent Beker, Web Developer and Social Media Coordinator at the College of William & Mary, will explore how to create a great hashtag, how to publicize it, and some of the best ways to showcase it before, during and after your event.
What You'll Learn:
- Why you should use a hashtag for organizational and event marketing and promotion
- How to create a great hashtag
- How to publicize your hashtag across mediums
- Ways to showcase your hashtag before, during and after an event
- How to use the content generated on a hashtag to show others in your organization the value of social media marketing