Do you wish your Google Analytics gave you more information? Do you avoid requesting new analytics implementations from your developers because they’re already backlogged building more immediately visible features? This session will teach you how to use Google Tag Manager (GTM) to augment your existing analytics, then quickly deploy it.
What You'll Learn:
- How Google Tag Manager works (This session assumes minor familiarity with Google Analytics event tracking.)
- The basic structure of tag management: tags, rules, and macros
- Ways that tag management is different from traditional inline tagging
- How to set up tracking for common use cases: automatically measuring outbound clicks to other departments’ websites or social media; navigation usage; and clicks to download documents
- How to debug and verify your tracking